The transition to the new EPP-based registry platform for .CA domains went very smoothly. The last of a couple of minor bugs have now been fixed and everything is back to the new normal for .CA domains.
We thank all of our Resellers for their help and patience throughout the transition process. The result is a better experience for .CA domain registrants and a .CA domain extension that’s much easier to sell and support.
Locking your .CA domains
We do have one important follow-up note for Resellers with .CA domains in their accounts. With the transition to the new platform, domain locking is now available for .CA domains. The default state for domains after the transition is “unlocked” so you will want to lock the .CA domains in your account to provide an added level of security to the registrants of those domains.
Using the “Bulk Domain Change Management” section of the Reseller Web Interface makes this a pretty simple task:
- Click on “Bulk Domain Change Management”. Then click “Bulk Domain Search” which will allow you to get a list of all the .CA domains in your account.
- Search for “*” and select .ca domains in the “Search for domains by TLD” section. Add your email address and click “Results to File” to run the search.
- In a few minutes, you’ll receive a list of the .ca domains in your account. Copy the list out of the email and then paste it into a text editor and save it as a .txt file with one domain per line.
- Return back to the “Bulk Domain Change Management” screen and click on “Domain Lock” to start the locking process.
- On the next screen, select “Upload a list of items” and then “Choose File” to upload the text file you just created. Add your email address to get a confirmation email when the bulk change is completed. Then select “Lock Domain(s)” and click “Submit” to lock the domains.
Here’s a quick screencast tutorial demonstrating how to do it: