Originally derived from ‘commercial’, .COM was one of the first top-level domains in the Internet used when the Domain Name System was implemented in 1985. Since then, it has grown to become the largest top-level domain, with over 88 million .COM domains registered. .COM domains are registered in more than 350 languages worldwide, and are globally recognized. The .COM registry is operated by VeriSign.
- Two out of three .COM domain available checks are successful
- 36 million times a day, a .COM domain availability check is successful
- 108 million previously registered .COM domain names are once again available
- There are still millions upon millions of .COM domain names available
Who it’s for
- Individuals or companies looking for a globally recognized extension